Friday, November 12, 2010

San Diego, How We Love You!

So, I have been on a blog vacation.  Mainly it's because I have zero energy thanks to our little man who has decided for the past month that it is imperative that he eat every hour at nighttime.  I have been living in a foggy haze.  However, he actually went two and a half hours between eating last night--hallelujah!  I never thought I'd be wishing for a newborn's eating schedule again, but I find myself wishing for my little every three-hour eater to PLEASE come back!  I miss you!  I have a little more energy today from the 2 consecutive hours of sleep I got last night....so hopefully I will be able to finish this in one sitting.

Our visit to the San Diego area began about an hour north of the city staying with one of my best friends, Cate, and her family.  They have an absolutely gorgeous house.  We even got our own bedroom complete with attached bathroom.  And the best part is that we were a floor apart from them, so at least Beckett's nighttime screaming was muffled a little bit.  Cate was my first roommate when I moved to Virginia Beach.  We had SO much fun together, and we spent the week reminiscing of the days when we used to go out together--not even getting ready until 10:00 at night.  Sadly, neither of us can even stay awake that late anymore.  You see, I have my little non-sleeper, and Cate and Jerry have a very energetic two year-old and a 9 week-old.  gjfksal;ygjiao;jgyelk;ajtykle;ajyioeahjlahjklajh.  Oh, sorry.  Fell asleep while typing.  I'm back now.  So we pretty much wallowed in our exhaustion misery and enjoyed each other's company and this (see below) every day.

Jerry and Cate made me peppermint mocha lattes every morning--complete with chocolate shavings and sprinkles of spices.  Bless them.
There was no sightseeing, no shopping, no nothing but enjoying each other's company!  It was awesome and perfect!  Cate is a great cook, and she made us delicious meals.  Did I mention that Jerry is an incredible piano player?  He treated us several times to amazing mini-concerts.  He even played us Christmas music and Beckett and I sang along.  I wish I were there right now!  We did venture out once to go to a Japanese steakhouse.  Cate and Jerry treated us to an amazing dinner.  Tristan, their adorable two year-old, was fascinated with the chef cooking right in front of us.  He was giggling up a storm--it was SO cute!  Beckett, on the other hand was fascinated by the chef and his tall, white hat until he started clanging his spatulas around.  And his little lip stuck out, his forehead crinkled up, and he started wailing.  Sean picked him right up out of the high chair (can you believe our baby can fit into a restaurant high chair now!?!?) and he enjoyed the rest of the show from the comfort of Daddy's arms.  Now let's talk about Emily.  Oh Emily, I just wanted to steal you away from your parents!  She must be one of the most beautiful little girls I have ever seen!  She has a head full of dark, thick hair--just like her mommy!  She has this tiny little face!  Oh I want her!  Beckett made his first of several California girlfriends this week.

Luckily, Emily's daddy didn't break out the guns when he saw Beckett putting the moves on his little girl! :)

Mini-Sean and Mini-Cate.  Love at first site! :)
My beautiful Cate and Emily!  I love them!  Even exhausted, she looks amazing!

Just hanging out!
A face I could kiss forever!

 The only picture I could capture of Tristan--sorry buddy--caught you when you weren't ready! :) Still got those gorgeous eyes you had when I saw you as a baby!
Tristan was even kind enough to share his toys with Beckett who felt like such a big boy!  Tristan was SO sweet.  You'd think he would have been possessive over his toys, but he didn't bat an eye.  He was so gentle with Beckett!  Beckett even got a kiss!

Vroom, Vroom!

Enough with the pictures!  Can we go now!?!?

My 3 boys off for a walk

Choo Choo! Slow down, little fella!
When we sadly had to leave Cate's, we headed off to San Diego.  We spent Halloween with another of our favorite familes we met in Virginia Beach, the Wilson's!  They have four sweet children and one on the way!  I don't know if you can handle all the cuteness on this page.  But, it's coming whether you are ready or not!  We trick-or-treated down the main street on Coronado.  If you have never been there, trust me when I tell you it is one of the most beautiful places I have visited in our country.  I want to live there! :)  The businesses give out candy to kids, and I have never seen so many costumes in one place!  It was fun, but a little crazy trying to keep up with all the kids!  So we headed back to the Wilson's neighborhood where we did some more trick-or-treating.  Our little dragon tuckered out and slept for most of his first trick-or-treating experience.  We got to see the Wilson's two more times while we were there.  I hate how far away we are from so many of our close friends!
Little Miss Charley preferred trick-or-treating sans costume.

Trick or treat!

These little cuties have two of the best daddies!
Charley was SO sweet!  She loves babies!  She was obsessed with Beckett!  She kept petting him.  She is ready for her new baby brother!

All she wanted to do when we laid him down to sleep was give him kisses!  It was precious!  He slept through it all!  He'll regret that when he gets older!  She's a cutie!
To make the week even more fun, I was lucky enough to be a bridesmaid in my great friend, Amanda's, wedding.  I spent some much needed girl time with Amanda, her sisters, and the other bridesmaids.  We had a great time, and they were all amazing about the fact that I had to cart my little man everywhere while Sean worked.  He even got to see the breathtaking bride get ready in the bridal suite!

Amanda and her beautiful sisters at the nail salon!  They were such a help while I got mine done! :)

Reunion!  Beckett and I have been in Michelle withdrawal!  We got to spend so much time together!
Mr. and Mrs. Justus with the most beautiful wedding party!  I mean, look at those girls!
Beckett with his Godmommy, Michelle.  They love each other so much!  Michelle's mom bought him the jacket, among many other things! :)
We are currently enjoying beautiful Arizona with my awesome grandparents.  I don't want to leave them--wish we could take them with us!  But we get to go home soon--I can't wait to be home and get this child of mine in his own room!  Please say some prayers for him to sleep so I don't arrive home as a crazy woman!  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment