Saturday, August 14, 2010

Family Time!

Thankfully, we have 2 weeks between our Boston and Philly races, which means two weeks in Jersey with some of our favorite people!  We have spent a week with Sean's Dad.  I'm talking pure bliss here, people.  No shower shoes, no spiders, no dirt, and a queen size bed!  (Our sleeping situation deserves it's own blog post to come soon).  Not to mention the fact that Beckett loves his Poppy time!  Well, now he enjoys his Poppy time.  It wasn't always like that.  Some first experiences with Poppy included his cute little lip, which popped out, his forehead crinkling up, and lots of WAILS.  We think Poppy looks like a strange version of Beckett's daddy, and that was just a bit too much.  But now he LOVES him!  All Poppy needs to do is look at the little guy, and he busts out in a smile!


Oh let's not forget the food of this week either.  Poppy's new roommate is an AMAZING cook!  I'm pretty sure Fernando's only goal in life is to make our little family a BIG family whose cumulative weight is 1,200 pounds before we leave Jersey.  I'm pretty sure he is succeeding in that goal.  I mean, look at dessert.  He pretty much whipped four of those bad boys up in about 2 minutes.  I'm fairly certain that Fernando is a Portuguese angel sent down from heaven.  We're talking 4 course meals here--with napkins folded into little shapes on your salad plate.  How do I get some more Fernando in my life???  Sean and I ponder this question daily.
So to people who aren't going to be living at a campground for four months, campgrounds seem adventurous, rustic, outdoorsy, fun.  I guess this is how on my fourth night of freedom from one of them, I ended up back there again.  Sigh.  At least this time we had some great company.  And with the promise of s'mores at the end of the night, I was *kinda* ok with it. Beckett finally decided that he likes avocados.  I'm fairly certain he only decided that because he had his beautiful Aunt Erica feeding him.  Look at that face--he's totally thinking, "I would even eat lima beans if she feeds me!  She's way cooler than Mom!" 
Happy Birthday, Sean!

We spent awesome quality time with Poppy, Fernando, Sean's brother, sister, their spouses, and of course sweet little baby Ryder.  We ate, laughed, walked around the campground, cooked s'mores, and even celebrated Sean's birthday a little early with some chocolate cake.  One of the huge blessings of Metro Dash is that we make our own schedule, and we have been able to spend time with our families since July 13.  We are having a blast and savoring every minute with our families! 




Guy bonding time.
I am not the only s'more lover! :)

S'more time!
Mini Me!
Enjoying the beautiful night by the campfire! :)



1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your experiences!! Beckett is getting so big!! I miss him!! That is adorable that he likes avocados now after a rocky start with them! love Paula

    ReplyDelete