Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sacrifice

So, as it turns out, there are certain sacrifices one must make when living in a 24 foot long RV bouncing from campground to campground.  In order to remain positive here, let's reflect on the good too.  How about we alternate?  Oh where to begin....

Let's start with laundry.  As all you mamas out there know, babies are synonymous with laundry.   Then, when you use cloth diapers and cloth wipes, that doubles your load.  So since it had been almost a week since our last laundromat experience, I of course had 6 loads of laundry.  But how to transport laundry AND baby to the campground laundry room?  Lucky for me, I can think on my feet, and thanks to Baby B's stroller and the Baby Bjorn (thanks Allison! :) )  I was able to make it successfully to my destination.  And here begins the adventure.  Let's just say I will choose public laundromats over campground ones any day.  In my public laundromat experience I did not experience spiders in the washer, dirt in the washer AND dryer, and 90 plus degree temperatures in the facility.  Never thought I'd say it, but sketchy laundromat in nowheresville town Massachusetts--oh how I miss you!


Now for the good--how can it get any better than that?  Here is the view from our bed--looking out to the great outdoors.  Little man on the bed, hubby putting away groceries, mama enjoying the view.  Too bad back doors being open is a rare occurrence--umm...hello bugs!



Showering.  I miss my shower at home so very much.  There is nothing fancy about it.  Perhaps my favorite part is that I don't have to wear shoes, or I don't have a small heart attack every time I bump into the wall with my naked showering self, or I don't have an experience like I had about an hour ago.  Let's just say it involved a cold shower, a curtain that no matter which way you moved it, you were visible to anyone in the bathroom, and water that wouldn't turn off so I was forced into squeezing myself into a tiny space between the scary wall and cold shower spray to kind of dry off.  Oh, and let's not forget the part where I flashed the poor tween who was sitting on the bench keeping her aunt company while she showered.  Really, lady?  You need a 12 year old to keep you company while you shower???  Now she's been scarred for life.  Hope you're happy.



Ok, back to the positive!  Must stay positive!  Happy, happy, happy!  Sean and I were blessed to have his mom and soon-to-be step-dad fly to Boston to help us with the baby during Metro Dash.  We culminated an awesome race day by walking along the Boston Harbor Walk, and eating at a great outdoor, dog-friendly restaurant (for our big doofy friend) on the water.  So, I got a cute baby and a list of fun cities...who out there has a plane ticket and an itch to babysit???   Any takers???

Well, I think we will end on a positive note.  After all, this trip is already unforgettable!  We are having fun in our teeny, tiny home.  Hopefully the big dog, little baby, and 2 crazy parents will make it home happy and in one piece come November.  Until next time, I will be showering in a New Jersey campground bathroom with strangers and spiders!

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Welcome to the blogoshere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. J,could be worst, right?? I have been reading about the settlement of American, boy did the pioneers have it rough;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe! I love this (and Laura's) it makes me feel like I'm apart of your daily life when there's miles between us! Yaaaay!!
    -love and miss y'all! Mich

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss youuuuu!!! Yay for more blogs of my far away friends :D -manda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that you decided to write a blog. So fun to read. You really do deserve an award, it can't be easy. But really has to be a lot of fun. It will be so fun to read this in a few years and be able to remember all your adventures. Glad to see things are going well! Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete