Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Water, Water, Everywhere, and Not a Drop to Swim In!

Best picture EVER!

So, if you know my husband, you know that he is not happy unless he has a body of water close to him that he can jump in at any time.  If he doesn't jump in it, it doesn't matter--he just feels better knowing that it is there at his beck and call.  So imagine his disappointment when two of the campgrounds we have been to have lakes--beautiful lakes, but entering those lakes is forbidden.  Not that that would usually stop him; but you know--we have a kid now, and we'd like to try to avoid hard jail time.
A "forbidden" lake in Boston.  Looky, but no touchy!  As we arrived, a group of teenagers was leaving, one of whom was named "Beckett!"
  So, his main requirement for the campground in Atlanta was that it had to have a lake, and he had to be allowed in it.  Well we found one, and we highly recommend it (bathrooms NOT included in high accolades, of course).  It's on Lake Lanier, outside of Atlanta.  In fact, we are one of only four campsites here being used because we timed it just right with school going back in session.  We have a lake view, easy access to the lake, and nice, quiet, private beaches!  It's SO nice!  My favorite:  Mama gets to strip down to feed the baby without worrying about nursing covers!  AND the lake is so warm!  If you know me at all, you know I am NOT a swimmer.  In fact, I am the opposite of Sean.  But it has gorgeous blue-green water, warm temps, and a soft sandy bottom that I can SEE (that is a requirement for me to enter a lake.  I mean, there could be sharks or giant alligators or anacondas or something.  Haven't you ever seen those movies???)  Shockingly, even I couldn't keep out of the water.  I even tried to get the little fishies that were swimming everywhere to nibble the dead skin on my feet for a nice little pedicure.  Sadly, they weren't interested.  Although, they did nip Cooper's toes a couple times, which resulted in a chicken dog hightailing out of the water.
Chicken dog right before being attacked by little fish.  I know the water looks murky--I promise, it's not!


Chicken dog not sure if he wants to commit
 Daddy sharing his love of the water with Beckett
Swim little man, swim!


Relaxing on the beach!

Pudgy Wudgy loves playtime in the sand and water!


And a perfect end to a perfect day with best buds being entertained by mom and dad with their kettlebells, slam balls, and TRX!  Well actually the perfect end was the 3 s'mores I ate for dessert....but who's counting?!?!



4 comments:

  1. That last pic is so ridiculous. Cooper at his best. Little Beckett in some swedish seat with what hopefully isn't a flower toy but rather a baby ninja blade. Good work guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! I love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Joane -- I just found this via your mom. What are you guys doing?! By the way, I use cloth for swim diapers too. Just pick one as the swim diaper (only because of chlorine). I use a gdiaper with liner, but no insert for swimming.
    Heather Hoffman (Wilcox --Mary Kay person)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather! My husband created a company where he hosts a challenge called Metro Dash in cities all across the country. The website is metrodash.com. It's basically like a 3-4 mile run where people go to different points throughout the city and do short 4 minute workouts or an obstacle course at the points. So we bought an RV, packed up the baby and dog, and we hit the road. It's good to hear from you! I mainly use Rumparooz and like them. I've always wanted to try G Diapers. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete