Thursday, September 9, 2010

Lost

Well, we are off to Texas for our Houston Metro Dash challenge on September 18.  Our goal is to get there by Sunday, so we are staying in Mississippi tonight.  It was bittersweet to leave our fabulous campground--we prolonged our stay there because we loved it so much.  But, we are ready to move on to new adventures.

The other day was quite the adventure after Sean got a little work done.  (Sean says I'm overly dramatic, but just hear me out :) )We spent some more time at our favorite hidden beach for some splash time, fun in the sun, and of course more picture time.  The light at that time of day is just too beautiful to resist.

Baby likes fishy faces
The famous daddy walk that works wonders to knock baby out (see below)

Thanks for the loin cloth (aka burp cloth) mom!  You are so crafty! :)

After beach time, it was time for my favorite part of the day—“Jo, let’s go for a run, and when you ask me how much longer, I will always answer that I don’t know.”  So off we went for our first run with the AMAZING Bob jogging stroller sans infant car seat.  (Thanks mom and dad!)  Lemme just tell you—I kicked that run’s butt.  Well, I kicked its butt for the first 6 min. 34 sec. until the downhill disappeared.  At that point in time I declared two things: 

  1. My brand new Baby-G’s stopwatch was crap.  We had to have been running for at least 15 minutes. 
  2. Sean was now in charge of pushing baby.
I love you Baby-G!  Now when I am up 3 times a night feeding the baby,  all I have to do is look at your beautiful face to know the correct time.  SO much better than asking Sean what time it is, have him pretend to look at his watch, and make up a time.
We stumbled upon a fun path that appeared to go around the lake.  Perfect!  Well, it seemed perfect until we discovered that the path was actually bordering an old, unused golf course.  The debris and plants growing straight out of the asphalt path made it too bumpy and hazardous to run on with Beckett.  He finally stopped his bobble-headedness, and we’d like to keep it that way.  But the path was too fun and adventurous to turn around, so we kept walking. (Imagine my disappointment that we had to walk for the "safety of the baby."  Anything can be turned my way if it involves the well being of the baby.  Daddy is such a softy.  It's my secret weapon.)  It was so bad that Sean made me walk in front of the stroller, so that I could use my body as a human spider web collector to protect little man.  Yes, chivalry goes straight out the window when baby enters the world.  And mom will do anything to protect baby--even stand in the path of spiders.  Now that is love.

When it seemed that we might never find an end to the twisting, overgrown path through the woods and 8 foot tall weeds, Sean made me run up over the hill to see what I could see.  With hawks screeching in the background (waiting for me to die so that they could eat me), I made it to the top of the hill.  Everywhere I looked, I saw winding paths, hills of weeds, and trees.  I started to picture the Others from Lost coming out the trees to capture us.  Fortunately, we were spared and hopped back on the path a little further up and found our way back to civilization.  
Wilderness, I tell you.

Lucky for me, Sean promptly resumed our, “I don’t know how much longer” run--he even found a big hill to run up and down.  Too bad someone had to stay with the baby.  I'm such a martyr.



No comments:

Post a Comment